Thursday, 22 February 2007

it's all about quotes

Remember those posters that
said 'Today is the first day of the rest of your life'? Well, that's true of
every day except one--the day you die.
American Beauty - Alan Ball - 1999
The horror. The horror.

Apocalypse Now - John Milius, Francis Ford Coppola - 1979

An Englishman never jokes about a wager, sir.

Around the World in 80 Days - James Poe, John Farrow, S.J. Perelman - 1956

You make me want to be a better man.

As Good As It Gets - Mark Andrus, James L. Brooks - 1997

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Brokeback Mountain - Larry McMurty, Diana Ossana - 2005

He's looking at you, kid.

Casablanca - Julius J. Epstein, Philip G. Epstein, Howard Koch - 1943

Give 'em the old razzle dazzle.

Chicago - Bill Condon - 2002

E.T. phone home.

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Melissa Mathison - 1982

My Momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Forrest Gump - Eric Roth - 1994

My name is Gladiator.

Gladiator - David Franzoni, John Logan, William Nicholson - 2000

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

The Godfather - Mario Puzo, Francis Ford Coppola - 1972

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

Gone with the Wind - Sidney Howard - 1939

Show me the money!

Jerry Maguire - Cameron Crowe - 1996

You had me at hello.

Jerry Maguire - Cameron Crowe - 1996

No prisoners! No prisoners!

Lawrence of Arabia - Robert Bolt, Michael Wilson - 1962

Frodo!

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Peter Jackson - 2001

Hit me, Chief! I got the moves!

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest - Lawrence Hauben, Bo Goldman - 1975

Shut up! Shup up and take the pain! Take the pain!

Platoon - Oliver Stone - 1986

In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight.

Pretty Woman - J.F. Lawton - 1990

The truth, Helen, is always the right answer.

Schindler's List - Steven Zaillian - 1993

I am a dead man and buggered to boot.

Shakespeare in Love - Marc Norman, Tom Stoppard - 1998

No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving.

Sideways - Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor - 2004

Good evening, Clarice.

The Silence of the Lambs - Ted Tally - 1991

The Von Trapp children don't play. They march.

The Sound of Music - Ernest Lehman - 1965

The Force is strong with this one!

Star Wars - George Lucas - 1977

STEL-LA!

A Streetcar Named Desire - Tennessee Williams - 1951

I'm the king of the world!

Titanic - James Cameron - 1997

We won't bite you--till we know you better.

West Side Story - Ernest Lehman - 1961

I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!

The Wizard of Oz - Noel Langley, Florence Ryerson, Edgar Allen Woolf - 1939

3 comments:

Cinestef said...

Here are a few of my favourite quotes:

1. "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."
Lauren Bacall to Humphrey Bogart
Film: To Have and Have Not [1944]
Dir: Howard Hawks

2. a) "I vant to bee alo-oon!"
b) "Gif mee a viskey on zee rocks and don't be stingy vit zee ice!"
Greta Garbo
Film: Grand Hotel [1932]
Dir: Edmund Gouldidng

3. "Hia-ya-tah-AAA! Hia-ya-tah-AAA!"
Film: Apocalypse Now!
Dir: Coppola

4. Ax, patrida. Afti einai i nea sou sodia?
[kanena sxolio]

5. "Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr-ggggggggrrrrr-aaaaa---rrrrrrgrrrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgr-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhhghghghghghghgh."
Linda Blair to the audience.
Film: The Exorcist [1973]
Dir: William Friedkin

GLOBAL said...

Αυτό το "I wish I knew how to quit you" το έχω από τότε πληκτρολογημένο στο κινητό μου και σωσμένο.
Κι είμαι στο τσακ να το κάνω send τώρα.
Υπέροχη ατάκα, απλά υπέροχη.

Κώστας said...

"I wish I knew how to quit you"

όντως...

Εγώ φαίνεται ότι βρήκα τρόπο τελικά...